Saturday, January 24, 2009

The Goodmans arrive!

The Goodman's have come to our aid! We've been stuck in a rut on our house since the money drained away, but lucky for us (crummy for them), Hyrum's brother-in-law, John, got laid off from his job as a service manager at a dealership in Utah, so he had some spare time to come help us while he job hunted. John and Maren brought their two little ones, Braxton and Jaiden, out to Oregon on New Years Day so John could work on the electrical in our house with Hyrum. It's been so nice, I can't even describe to you how exciting it is for us! John has almost all of the rough electrical done (pot lights put in, wires pulled, plug boxes in, etc). If we could get our plumbing done and heating system in soon, John could help us put up our sheetrock, and then it would start actually looking like a house again. Hopefully the Goodmans will be here long enough to help us put up the siding, but we still have to buy it. We're on the hunt for financing, so hopefully we'll find a lender soon.

On Tuesday, the 13th, I had my 34 week check up over in Coos Bay, so we took the Goodman's with us to spend some time away from the house. John works on the house each day and Maren has to be stuck in my little apartment all day while I go to work with Hyrum, so it was about time we took them out to do something fun. Before my appointment we loaded up into the 15 passenger work van,
(you can see it in the background)


then we took them over to Sunset Bay (my mom's favorite place on earth) to play in the sand,








Again, I was behind the camera, so here's one of me.


then we took them to the seal look-out.



It has been fabulous weather for the last couple of weeks and it looks as though it will be nice into next week. I feel sorry for those who are snow-bound right now. We're lovin' the warm, 60 degree walks and gorgeous coastal sun. We saw a lot of seals and sea lions on our beach adventure, though they were far away on their beach in the ocean,


but the coolest part was that we saw whales heading south! We didn't actually see the whales or their tails, but we saw their spouts as they took their breaths. There were tons of them! I've never seen whales, or their distant spouts, before, so it was really cool for me, and John and Maren seemed to enjoy it too.

Click on this picture and look into Kiersa's eyes. You can see Hyrum with the camera.


It was a nice, relaxing get-away, but then it was time for my appointment so we had to leave. We're excited to go on a longer beach trip one of these days while the weather is nice.

3 comments:

Marcee said...

Sounds like a fun way to "take a break" from work! We could sure use one of those right now!

Teresa Jolley said...

I miss my sister. Your a nasty girl for taking her away from me. I'm kidding, your not nasty, but I really do miss her. I'm used to seeing her at least every other week. You better take us to the beach when we come, hopefully we'll have a couple days with you before the baby is born and we can go walk the beach to get you into labor. I'm so excited.

The Lanyons said...

I miss the coast. Dang, we should get one of those 15 passenger vans to cart around our visitors!