Sunday, June 21, 2009

I did it!

I shaved Paisli's head! I took before and after pictures, but I can't upload them because I've reached my maximum uploads on blogger. I have to turn my blog into a book on blurb.com so I can continue blogging with pictures. Until then, my posts will be mostly on hold.

Anyway, Paisli looks just like my other kids did after their buzzes. I LOVE it! I kind of wish I'd done it sooner now.

I've used Burt's Bees baby lotion on all of my kids, so any time I smell it, I'm instantly flooded with flashes of memories of my kids as infants when they wore it. Seeing Paisli bald is just like that. I've always shaved my kids' heads around 2-3 months old, but I waited until 4 months with Paisli. I was just curious to see what she would look like if I kept her baby hair. It was getting bad. I couldn't stand her mullet any longer, or her thinning hair as the old fell out and the new grew in. So last night, I pulled out the clippers. She actually fell asleep during it! Instantly, she looked like one of my kids. She always had looked a bit different than the others had, but now when we look at her, she looks like one of ours. I love the little buzzed look. It's sooooo much better than the wispy, balding, patchy look that they have before. I wish I could post a picture!

To those of you whose babies have nice, even hair, count your blessings. Mine aren't that lucky. Shaving is a necessity. I wish everyone could see Paisli's adorable, round head! Hopefully I'll have the upload problem fixed soon.

2 comments:

The Lanyons said...

I didn't realize there was a photo limit. I'll have to do the blurb thing too.

The Not-a-hoes said...

i couldnt shave marlees head ever! her hair is still thick and yes the cowlicks make her hair stick up.
cant wait to see you all on july 4th!