Saturday, November 15, 2008

First tooth

I have 3 months left in this pregnancy. It's easy to remember because yesterday, Kiersa had a "month" birthday. She turned 9 months old. To celebrate the big day, she broke her first tooth through her gums. It's her bottom front tooth...the left one. The timing is surprising to me because Talea and Hyatt were both 10 months before their first tooth broke through. Kiersa's a whole month earlier, and it's a bit sad because that means I have to start watching out for another baby's teeth. Three mouths to brush now! Hmmm. Tilly can brush her own, but after just spending a few grand at the dentist for our family's dental needs, I'm going to keep brushing hers until I'm confident that she's doing an excellent job. I'd take a picture of it, but my camera is hiding somewhere at work since Hyrum downloaded some kitchen pictures there. I'll have to take one later, if she'll keep her tongue out of the way!

3 comments:

The Lanyons said...

It's always so hilariously cute when they have just one or two lone teeth in their gummy mouths.

Kara said...

Jason is in Pharamcy School at the University of Wyoming. He is in his last year, which they call rotations. Basically he travels around the state working 40+ hours a week for free. It's been hard on the family having him gone so much, but next year when he's done, we will be glad he did it.

Your post kind of surprised me. Jacob had a full set of teeth by the time he was about a year old. I always thought it looked so funny to have such a little baby with a mouth full of teeth.

By the way, I LOVE the name Paisley. I also love the name Pacey, but Jason hates it (Pacey not Paisley).

Teresa Jolley said...

Star didn't get her first one until well after she turned one which is alot later then my other kids, but then within 3 months or so, she had 8 teeth. It is a good thing she was such a good teether, a hardly noticed she was teething until it was already through and she was starting on the next one. Go Kiersa.