Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Best Friends

I love watching my kids play together...



Since people think Kiersa's a boy even when she's in pink, I've decided not to fight it. I've taken to letting her use Hyatt's hand-me-downs, like his old PJ's which he just outgrew a few months ago. At 9 months old, she's in 18 months clothes now, and Hyatt, at 2 1/2 years old, just barely grew out of all his 18 months stuff and is in 2T.

Time for some random thoughts and notables:

When Obama won the election, gas here in Myrtle Point and Coquille was 2.84, and for Nancy in Kentucky, it was 1.98. I thought 2.84 was good, considering it had maxed out at 4.55 not too many months ago. Now, a couple of weeks after the election, gas finally sunk to 1.99 in Coquille. I wonder what it is in Kentucky now? When was the last time gas was so low? Too many years ago to remember. Before any of my kids were born, that's for sure.

I was organizing at the office and found some old Wilsonart solid-surface countertop samples that we don't use, so I gave them to the kids, and it's seems they've turned into a popular toy. Tilly took this picture of them. Does this count as doing my part for the environment? I recycled!


I'm almost done with setting up our business website. Well, to be accurate, Edward (my brother-in-law over in England) is almost done, since he's my creative genius who's putting it together for me. I just mapped out how I wanted it done, looked through a gajillion pictures of kitchens, and sent it all over to Edward so he could slave away for free for me putting it all together. Thanks a million, Edward! We couldn't have done it without you! I now feel pretty versed in woods, stains, door styles, customers, etc, all from looking at tons of kitchens. I guess Edward will feel the same way soon.

If you want to see how boring/hideous our current site is (pre-Edward), check it out before it changes over to the real thing.
A-1 website

5 comments:

John-Maren Goodman said...

I am excited to see the new website. FYI~ I updated your business info on yahoo search not to long ago so your easier to find. I know the Website will look awesome!

I am soo glad that gas is down, and just in time for your trip here. Hopefully it won't burn as big of a hole in any ones pocket to travel.

PS It's so adorable to see your kiddies playing together. Braxton is just starting to interact with Jaiden. He'll push him around in his bouncer/rocker and I just love seeing that!

The Not-a-hoes said...

I think all kids are mistaken their sexes when they are younger, we went out to lunch with my aunt and Maddie the other day and the waitress asked if he wanted anything to drink, she is totally a girl!!
i think i will invest in bows i can put in Marlees hair so i dont have that problem!

The Lanyons said...

Sorry to report that Edward is home from work today with a nasty cold, which doesn't bode well for the website being finished any time soon. Sorry.

Anonymous said...

Gas in Kentucky has gotten down to $1.79. Nice.
I love your duct tape story!!! I've used it too! Comes in handy for all sorts of things!

The Not-a-hoes said...

I never know where to write back to your comments, so i will just keep commenting on yours so i know you get them!
my aunt put the crib on her card, but my dad pays her back when he sees her next. That was my christmas present, but my aunt thinks i should still get something for me from my dad so if it means he only pays her for half of the crib she said she would be more than happy to do it that way too.
I am lucky to have family whose kids are all older and grown so now that a baby is on the way they are just excited to spoil her! I already have 2 baby showers planned, i might end up with too much stuff!!